What a week! Daddy took care of me on Thursday AND Friday when mommy went to work at the fitness center. It was a great time. Daddy took me on long wal…who really cares about that because I got to go on my first plane flight and first vacation! Mommy and daddy decided to take me to Hawaii. They started talking about it Saturday night and when I woke up in the morning they were packing my stuff up and said we were off to the airport. When we got to the gate at the airport they had seats waiting for us and we went right on board. Mommy and daddy were very surprised. We didn't even have a place to stay in Hawaii yet.
I love flying. It's very exciting, so exciting I slept the entire flight. There is nothing like the dull roar of the engines for me to conk out. I awoke to find myself awash in the balmy tradewinds and the scent of exotic flowers. Ok I have to admit I first smelled my dirty diaper and jet exhaust but after that passed it was the tradewinds and flowers. Daddy got out his computer and found us a great place to stay but mommy said get the cheapest thing available and boy did we. Daddy tried to remind mommy that they had stayed at this establishment a number of years before and it might be worthwhile to spend a little more. Mommy said she couldn’t remember staying there and wouldn’t hear of spending more so off we went. When we arrived and got to our room, mommy’s memory came flooding back kind of like Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and told daddy that we'll have to spend a little more next time. I was excited because as far as I could see, with the limited space, I would be sleeping in the big bed since there wasn’t room for a crib. This vacation thing was even better than I imagined!
After we got settled it was time to roam the streets of Waikiki. Daddy didn’t want to bring the stroller or carseat since he figured they would probably get messed up in the baggage hold of the plane. Instead, I would ride like the princess that I am in the Baby Bjorn. Daddy would begin to regret this decision after carrying my 18+ pounds around for a couple of hours.
I got to see my first Hawaiian sunset on the beach. Cool. For the rest of the evening mommy and daddy showed me the sights. I don’t want to sound conceited but I am a very cute baby especially with daddy as my wingman. People kept stopping daddy on the street to look at me and all the Japanese tourist would walk by me and say, “Kawaii,” which means cute. The funniest part of the evening was in the International Marketplace. One of the vendors stopped daddy and turned him around so that her friends could see me. Then they started clapping in front of me and playing with my feet. Mommy wanted to take a picture of it but she was laughing so hard she couldn’t get the camera out in time. I had had a big day and I was falling asleep in the Bjorn so it was time to head back to the hotel and go to bed. Speaking of going to bed that is what I am going to do right now so tune in later for another update on my Hawaiian vacation weekend. What do you think happens next?
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
kana, you've been holding out on us not showing us those mega-cool shades until now! pink and swirly? dahling, they are to DIE for :). now that you are a jet setter, will you deign to visit us in pdx?
Post a Comment