Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Kana's 1st Birthday


Today is my Birthday. Yeah for me! I am One Year Young today. It has been a fantastic week. On Friday, Papa and Gramma showed up (with gifts and cake). I was very excited and pleasantly surprised. We had a small early birthday party on Saturday. We planned on going to the park but it was ridiculously hot. Then we were going to gather in the back yard but Mommy was concerned with the yellow jackets buzzing around sooooooooooooo we ended up in the shade in front of the garage. Not the most scenic place for a party, but I had a blast eating and opening my presents. I don't care how much Mommy and Daddy pay to live in this great "beach weather," I am voting for some AC. (Coastal breeze, my little fanny.) That was my first, first birthday party. We all spent the rest of the weekend trying to keep cool, mainly by not being in the house/sauna. We went to cool restaurants and to the beach. We even went over to Papa and Gramma's hotel to enjoy the pool and the AC in their room.
On Tuesday, I had play dates with all my little friends, which I really enjoyed. I shared my new birthday toys with the boys. I'm a big fan of the "Little People"!
Nana showed up with my buddy Kiwi at "Oh Dark Hundred" this morning so we could celebrate our birthday's together. I was so excited that I couldn't nap. It took Mommy 3 tries to finally get me down. After I woke from my nap, Mommy, Nana and I spent the day at the LB Aquarium ( boy do I love that place). I was laughing and dancing all day. When Daddy got home from work we went out to Red Robin for birthday celebration #2! Nana and I got free birthday dinners, and to top it off they threw in a song with Ice Cream Sundays for the birthday girls! My first taste of Ice Cream... I quite enjoyed it, as you can tell. When we got home, we opened more presents and sang the birthday song with cake again. We didn't eat this one though, maybe tomorrow. I am exhausted from all this partying so I'm off to bed.

3 comments:

Megan said...

cake AND ice cream? all in one week? happy, happy, kana -- hope it was fabulous! sending bday hugs from all of us!

Nancy McCue said...

How wonderful to really be one year old!!
You're having so many celebrations you won't need to have one when you are two.
Love, Gramma

Sean said...

Gramma, let's not go overboard there. I'm already in training for that one. 364 days and counting.
Kana