Well, we knew it would happen sooner or later... Kana had a meltdown in Kids Club at the gym today and I had to end the Pilates class I was teaching early. They came to get me twice and she was covered in tears and snot! Poor little thing! Of course, she would stop and smile as soon as she saw me. I think she was just overtired and wanted her mommy. She usually loves to play and watch other kids. She wouldn't even take the bottle I left for her, so we know something is wrong when she refuses a meal!
We are going to the pediatrician today to ensure that this lingering cold is gone for good and there are no sinus or allergy issues. We'll keep you all posted...
I just can't put her in daycare this young, it's too traumatising for her... and for us. I'm turning down a good job opportunity to stay home with her a little longer, so I guess we'll just have to live on top ramen for awhile. ;o)-
UPDATE: Kana's pediatrician says she is healthy! The cold has run it's course and everything checks out fine. She has been sleeping really well since her stuffy nose cleared up.
Since she is 8 months old in a few days, we'll post her monthly weight a little early..... 22lbs, 4 oz. Only about a 4 oz. gain this month, so that is good, plus she's been getting very tall! Her dr. suggested that she may have melted down at the gym because she wanted to show my pilates class how to do "the hundred". She demonstrated the ab exercise for her as she was trying to pull the glasses off her face. She is a wild one! The receptionist said that Kana looked like she had 2 plums for cheeks, so round and rosy... Oh the funny comments we get each day when we are out on the town.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
See, you'd never engender so much fun and excitement if you were just out on your own!
Post a Comment