Wow. I am so excited I can hardly type. I just got back from my first trip to Santa Barbara and I loved it. Mommy had to do a presentation up there so daddy and I tagged along and boy was it worth it. Aunt Elaine invited us to visit her at work. Now I know that doesn't sound very cool and exciting but she works at............. the ZOO! This was my first trip to any zoo so from that standpoint it was pretty cool anyway but I got to feed the giraffes. Aunt Elaine gave us the behind the scenes tour of the Giraffe enclosure and we got up close and personal with them. They ate right out of my hand and a couple of times they kind of ate my hand too. I wasn't scared though. I'm a Tough Chick that and the fact that both giraffe were very gentle. I was surprisingly gentle as well. We fed them these red biscuits that tasted like really densely packed bran. You are probably wondering how I know that? Daddy tried one because Elaine said that humans have eaten them. He didn't care for it. We got to feed the giraffe for about 10 minutes before we ran out of food. The rest of the zoo was nice but I will write about that later when I have more time. I am supposed to be sleeping right now but I snuck out of my crib to use the computer. Well back to bed for me. Good night for now.
Friday, August 14, 2009
So Cool
Wow. I am so excited I can hardly type. I just got back from my first trip to Santa Barbara and I loved it. Mommy had to do a presentation up there so daddy and I tagged along and boy was it worth it. Aunt Elaine invited us to visit her at work. Now I know that doesn't sound very cool and exciting but she works at............. the ZOO! This was my first trip to any zoo so from that standpoint it was pretty cool anyway but I got to feed the giraffes. Aunt Elaine gave us the behind the scenes tour of the Giraffe enclosure and we got up close and personal with them. They ate right out of my hand and a couple of times they kind of ate my hand too. I wasn't scared though. I'm a Tough Chick that and the fact that both giraffe were very gentle. I was surprisingly gentle as well. We fed them these red biscuits that tasted like really densely packed bran. You are probably wondering how I know that? Daddy tried one because Elaine said that humans have eaten them. He didn't care for it. We got to feed the giraffe for about 10 minutes before we ran out of food. The rest of the zoo was nice but I will write about that later when I have more time. I am supposed to be sleeping right now but I snuck out of my crib to use the computer. Well back to bed for me. Good night for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
if the visit involved food, what's not to like, right kana? :)
Kiwi is looking forward to coming home and getting hand fed also.
How exciting! Kana's living life -that girl!
Post a Comment