Tuesday, April 6, 2010

More Easter

So, here's the story of "the famous chocolate egg"...
Mommy spent a great deal of time prepping me for Easter this year. I was hunting eggs over a month in advance. Plastic eggs became my favorite toys. She tested different healthy snacks on me to make sure I would be excited when I opened my special eggs that she prepared. I was a pro at the Easter egg hunt, those other toddlers never had a chance. Daddy held the basket while I sprinted around snatching up as many eggs as I could carry. We took our baskets to the picnic area for lunch, mommy carefully swapped my eggs for the candy-free ones that she had prepared specially for me. But, there was a snag in her master plan when they gathered all the kids for the group picture and I somehow snuck a foil covered chocolate egg. So, parents are taking pictures of the happy group while I am joyfully snacking on this delicious new taste sensation, foil and all... When suddenly, someone jumps in the photo and sticks thier hand down my throat and removes said chocolate! Then we go back to our picnic to open our eggs and I furiouly rip them open, discarding the healthy snacks looking for chocolate. To say I was upset would be an understatement.
So, the next day, at my second Easter egg hunt, I was allowed to taste my own little chocolate egg!

3 comments:

Megan said...

aren't you just the snappy easter dresser, kana. what a wardrobe selection you have! glad kiwi got in on the fun, too :).

Nancy McCue said...

I really like the jammies. But the dresses look great, too!

Nancy McCue said...

Tell your mommy that once you've tasted chocolate, it's all over!