Monday, July 28, 2008

36 week appt


I had my 36 week appt with the midwife today. There is a new way to estimate the due date based on belly measurements and ultrasounds, so she is adding 4 days to my due date! If the baby is born on Sept 3rd, we will have a crazy Mah-Mcue family birthday week with my mom on the 2nd, Owen on the 4th and Sean on the 5th! She said the baby is still quite skinny even though I gained 3 lbs. The good news is that her head is down so she is in the correct position for delivery. I am still hoping she is ready to come out mid-August.
I have been practicing my prenatal yoga every day and doing low impact workouts on most days. It's helping to control my back pain, maintain my balance and flexibility... and working out is vital for stress relief. I'm not very good at just taking it easy. I am still having some problems sleeping at night. It's just hard to get comfortable. My back tenses up, tummy hurts, baby likes to do the boogie dance in the middle of the night... and my arms are always very chilly, even when it's hot.
Kiwi has been a snugly pup staying by my side day and night. We really hope he can cope with the competition when the baby comes.

We went to our carseat installation appointment with the CHP on Saturday and got some great safety tips and advice for new parents.
We have 2 more weeks of Lamaze class left. I'm scared but anxious for the birth. I have my birth plan ready, bags are packed, carseat installed, baby room set up... so it's just a waiting game now.

No comments: