Thursday, July 17, 2008

Week 34


Well, I got in trouble at my appt this week because I have not gained any weight. I've been stuck at 20 lb weight gain for almost 2 months now. They want you to gain a pound a week in the 3rd trimester for a healthy baby. My tummy has definitely been growing, so I am not sure why it's not showing up as weight gain. I'm trying to eat more, but I'm never hungry, which is really abnormal for me. ;o)- I was a chubby baby and so was Sean, so we are pretty sure she'll be a good eatter though. I haven't had many pregnancy cravings. Lemonade was big the biggest one. Nothing else out of the ordinary, more food aversions than anything. It's hard to eat dinner because I usually feel nauseous in the evenings and I'll be up all night with an upset tummy if I eat a normal dinner. I have a really hard time breathing lately and I get low back tightening that wakes me up at night. Only 6 weeks to go, I just have to hang in there a little longer. I've been healthy otherwise and compared to most people, the pregnancy really hasn't been very rough. It's been a little traumatizing adjusting to all the changes, but I know it could be much worse.
Sean is back from Vegas, so mom & baby are feeling much better now. It was scary being home alone this close to my due date. Kana didn't move much when he was gone and I was getting worried, but as soon as he got home and talked to my tummy, she started kicking up a storm. She must've missed her daddy. She loves to hear his voice. It always makes her active. She also enjoys kicking Kiwi when he tries to lay in my lap. They are going to be best buddies.
Prenatal Yoga has been going well and hanging out with my yoga mom friends is always the highlight of my week. We have been meeting for lunch and shopping regularly. It is so nice to have friends that are going through the same things. We are all a week apart with our pregnancies. There are half baby girls and half baby boys, so we say they are on a date when we sit together at the movies. ;o)
We have completed most of the baby care classes at Kaiser. We have a few more weeks of Lamaze and the carseat check next weekend. Baby can safely arrive any time after August 9th. Sean was hoping for 8.8.08 for chinese good luck, but that would be a day too early for 37 weeks, so we're hoping for maybe 8.18.08 now. We'll see. Kana will come out whenever she's ready.

No comments: