Tuesday, February 2, 2010

17 Months Old Today

The past two days have been awesome! On Monday, mommy and daddy took me to the Aquarium and then today they took me to Disneyland for the first time! I love that place. The funny thing is that they thought I would actually nap in the stroller while we were there. Good joke guys. Little did they know I would be running all over with mommy picking me up and carrying me while daddy pushed a stroller full of sweatshirts, snacks and diapers.I can hang with the big boys and stay up all day when there are exciting things to see. I'll pass out in my car seat on the way home but I won't miss the good stuff. Everyone said I was too young to enjoy Disneyland but they were wrong. I lasted from 10am till 4ish.
Our first thing to do was ride the train and circle the the park. It came with an excellent recommendation from my cousins, H and O. The next stop was the "Tiki Room" where the birds sing the words and the flowers croon. It is awesome in there. Papa, that's your favorite stop isn't it? I wanted to stay for the next show but mommy and daddy said we could go back again next time. I enjoyed travelling around the world on "It's a small world"(another of Papa's favorites). I also floated through the jungle on the "Jungle Cruise." I rode on the Carousel, I played in "Toon Town," I petted the goats in Adventure Land and I went on "Snow White." I had a photo shoot with mommy and Pluto but to be truthful, I was a bit scared of him and the other characters. It doesn't help that I don't know who any of them are since I'm not allowed to watch TV. I wasn't impressed with the "Storybook Land" ride either. It was only the second time mommy and daddy rode it and I believe it was their last.
Mommy thought if we went to to round building that rotates it would put me to sleep....Nope. Instead, there was nice area for me to run around inside. Daddy wanted to take me on the submarines but we ran out of time. It will have to wait until next trip. I can't wait to go back and explore some more.
Mommy packed plenty of snacks for me but my favorite was the frozen peas. Mmmmm good.
Daddy kept a good eye on me all day so I didn't get lost. I've heard if you are lost, Disneyland is Not the "Happiest Place on Earth" for either the party who is lost nor the party seeking the lostee. Mommy was most impressed by the changing facilities in the bathrooms throughout the park. The California Academy of Sciences could learn a thing or two from Disney.
The weather was fantastic and the crowds were nonexistent. We didn't wait longer than 10 minutes for a ride. Sweeeeeeet! This is the way to experience Disneyland.

I had Papa and Gramma come to visit me last week. That's right, me. Not mommy and daddy, ME! It was great to see them again. I showed them all my new tricks and my voluminous vocabulary. I am quite loquacious. Let's do it again soon.
To top everything else off, I have a new tooth. Getting closer to a full set every day.

Love and Kisses,
Kana



3 comments:

Megan said...

kana, i can't believe you didn't invite papa to disney -- you hit all his favorite rides ;)!

Nancy McCue said...

What a weekend! Practically sensory and excitement overload! I can guess a year's pass will be coming soon.

Anonymous said...

Kana, sounds like you had a pretty cool day with mommy and daddy.
Auntie E