Thursday, October 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Aunt Megan



I wanted to start off by wishing my Aunt Megan a Happy Birthday. I know it was yesterday but I wanted to mention it anyway especially since daddy didn't send his card in time. What a slacker. I can't wait to meet her when she and her family come to visit in December. I have heard great things about her.
Now enough about her this blog is all about me so let's get to the important stuff. I've had a busy week. Last Saturday we went to an early Halloween festival in a nearby park. I had on one of my lovely costumes. As you can see from the photos, I look fabulous in and around orange. I probably could have slept for a while in the pumpkin patch if there weren't all those pesky kids around wanting to have their pictures taken. I can't say I had a great time at the park simply because I slept the whole time. We have had quite the heat wave recently but the park is on a hill and the ocean breeze felt awesome.
Mommy did a nice series of me on the bed. I like to call it "giggles in yellow." Yes those are real smiles. The genuine thing. They aren't the result of an attempt to discharge a large gas bubble. I laugh the most right after I spit up on mommy. She makes the funniest faces when I do that. I like to watch the vein by her temple throb. I have started to make her adjust. She used to throw everything in the wash right after I spit up but now she just spot cleans.
I spent an afternoon at the beach on the strand with mommy, Nana, and Kiwi. I like the beach. I'm like Gigit, just a whole lot cooler, 21st century style. I went to lunch this week with mommy and her girlfriends and their babies(my homies). Let's just say waitresses don't like having 5 strollers in their workspace. I was good for a bit but I had a major, grade A, world class meltdown. It had been a long day because we went straight from the doctor's office to lunch and I had to put my foot down. Enough was enough. I needed my sleep and I got it when mommy took me home. No lunch for mommy. Just doing my part to make sure she stays slim and trim. I don't want her to have to wear "Mom Jeans." If you don't know what I'm talking about go to http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/mom-jeans/229048/.
I found out at the Dr.'s appt that I am now 12lbs,3 oz and I have just about moved on to the next size diaper, 2 that is.
Mommy and daddy are pretty tired by now. I haven't been letting them get much sleep for the past 7 weeks and I'm getting a bit fussy myself. I'm off for now but check back next week for more pics and my poetic ramblings.

1 comment:

Megan said...

thanks for the bday shout-out, kana! lovin' those pumpkin booties -- you rock halloween fashion, girl!