Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My side of the 6 week story


OK. I like to eat. Check that, I love to eat. I can't get enough milk. I love it when it is running down my chin and my face looks like a glazed doughnut. I am growing like a weed and I need that milk to fuel that growth. I weighed in at 11 pounds 12 ounces today and that was on an empty stomach. Mommy calls me her Buddah baby but I'm just a growing girl. My feet are huge so the rest of my body needs to catch up to them. Besides, no one likes to be the small fry. The little babies at mommy's appointment today were just that, little. I felt like the Hulk rolling in there. Mommy thought they were cute but I thought they looked a little sickly. They could only eat one ounce to my 6.5 ounces. And mommy didn't make a big deal about it, but that is a record for the lactation department. A record! I'm only six weeks old and I'm a record holder. I'm not being cocky I am just excited. Hopefully this will be the first of many great achievements in my life.
There is a slight problem with this growth though. It seems that all my 0-3 months clothes are a little too tight. They are really cute but my legs are too long for the footed PJ's and my torso is too long for my onesies. I'm only 6 weeks and I'm into the 3-6 month clothes. Crazy.
My Nana is back in town for a while and I like having her around. She will hold me all day if I like and she can always calm me down when I start Crankin like crazy. Kiwi came back with Nana as well. I like having him around as he like to check on me and make sure I'm OK. Kiwi doesn't appreciate that I kept him up all night though. He is a little cranky and very tired.
Tomorrow is a big day for mommy and me. She is going to go to work for the day. I'm not sure how I feel about that yet. Just have to see how I react with only Nana around. Not sure how mommy is going to react either. It will probably be harder on her than it will be on me. I will post new photos tomorrow. I don't know how to upload the slide show to my blog and daddy is too tired to do it tonight. It seems that having someone, I won't mention any names, screaming in your ear half the night doesn't allow one adequate rest.
Thanks for dropping by to check up on me. Goodnite.

No comments: